Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Natural Stone Information and Care
Natural stone disclaimer
The purchaser acknowledges that natural stones such as Marble, Slate, Limestone and Granite are products of nature and have been quarried from all over the world. As natural products, they are prone to variations in color, texture, shade and veining that will differ from the samples shown. Dramatic variations in natural products are not considered flaws of natural stone but may occur as a result of the type of stone being used, as well as the current quarry conditions.
Always request samples of present stock as variations in material may occur without notice. It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect the material before installation. No warranty is provided on natural stone products for shade coloration, size/ thickness variation, nor surface finish variation. Please do inspect any natural stone prior to installation as absolutely no claim will be accepted for any reason after the material has been installed.
Installation and care of natural stone
All stone is naturally porous to varying degrees and we strongly advise that your stone is sealed to improve stain resistance. Select a high quality sealer to provide maximum surface stain protection.
Generally, stone sealers are designed to penetrate the stone leaving a no-sheen, natural look and provide protection from liquids that would otherwise absorb into and possibly stain the stone. Various maintenance products are available to enhance and highlight the character and beauty of the stone while sealing at the same time.
It is imperative that good practice is observed when installing tiles or grouting around your unit to ensure that no building residue is sealed into or marks the product as this can be difficult to remove.
• Dust and clean surfaces frequently;
• Clean surfaces with mild detergent or stone soap (it is important to use a stone cleaner that is specifically designed for your particular stone);
• Thoroughly rinse and dry the surface after washing ;
• Blot up spills immediately;
• Protect countertop surfaces with coasters, trivets or placemats.
• Use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acids on marble or granite surfaces;
• Use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners;
• Use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
The Cast Iron Bath Company has the largest selection of free standing cast iron baths in Europe. With a huge selection of complementary tapware and sanitaryware we will make your dream bathroom a reality without costing the earth.